Matthew Townshend Productions is a long-standing client of ours; having worked with him since the agency began on a number of nationwide productions including Noel & Gertie and Hobson’s Choice, repertory theatre seasons such as Frinton Summer Theatre and educational arts programmes such as Frankenstein.
Matthew took on the reins of Southwold Summer Theatre in March 2019 and immediately engaged us to create a brand for the new title, Theatre on the Coast, and to start promoting the four shows with the aim of selling 50% of tickets for the first season, which started in June 2019.
• Creation of a logo from scratch including suggestion of colours and brand elements
• Development of logo into brand and marketing collateral including beer mats, posters, flyers, the theatre programme, roadside banners, social media graphics and t-shirts
• Marketing graphics
• Get to know the cast
• Did you know graphics
• Social media advertising
• Web-based content about the plays
• Sharing cast and agent information
• Use of reviews across social media
• Brought on-board Adnams as a sponsor
• Brought on-board Suffolk Secrets as a main sponsor for three years
• Worked closely with DMOs for Southwold and the surrounding areas
• Close working with the venue to make the most of their owned marketing channels
• Feature interviews secured in local press and consumer glossies
• Several interviews secured for Matthew and the cast on local radio
• Feature interviews confirmed in trade publications such as The Stage
• Local newspaper reviews secured for all plays
• E-newsletters sent regularly to Matthew’s loyal database
• Content secured in other local e-shots including ‘What’s on in Southwold’, 'So Southwold'
• Dignitories including local MP, town Mayor and Councillors invited to meet cast and crew
• Local media invited along to meet cast and crew
Over 8500 tickets were sold which beats the target that was set for the first year. Reviews were positive across the board. The season has already been booked again for summer 2020.